Kitchen renovations usually show the best return on investment. There are many different ways to approach a kitchen renovation. Everything depends on your budget. You can improve your kitchen without emptying your wallet by doing the following:
- Use open shelves instead of cabinets. You don’t need to replace the cabinets. Purchase open shelves or simply remove the cabinet doors. Open shelving is really trendy at the moment.
- Invest in energy-efficient appliances. Even though a new fridge, stove, and dishwasher may not be budget-friendly, the money you’ll save on the energy bills is bound to be substantial. Meanwhile, you can increase the value of your home.
Smart tip: You can save on many energy-efficient appliances by using the Energy Star rebate program.
- Consider getting ceiling tiles in order to add some color to your kitchen. Colorful kitchens are very popular right now. Ceiling tiles are a moderately priced way to modernize your house.
- Replace the backsplash. You’d be amazed how different your kitchen can look with a new backsplash.
The next best way to get a return on investment when renovating your summer home is to take care of your bathroom. While plumbing renovation is a complicated project, there are many other ways to make your bathroom look excellent.
- Make tile accents. Plain floors may look nice but they don’t have any zest. Adding single accent tiles to floors and walls can change the appearance of your bathroom dramatically.
- Add a glass shower door. It may be a hassle to clean, but a glass shower door makes your bathroom look exciting, modern, and luxurious. A shower cabin door can make your small bathroom appear larger.
- Install a heated towel bar. It may not be budget-friendly, but this addition can make your next vacation amazing. Who doesn’t want to enjoy a warm towel when stepping out of the shower? Such simple perks immediately add value to your house
- Provide entertainment. Water resistant radios and TVs have been around for years. Make showering fun and listen to music or watch your favorite movie.